Welcome to my travel blog

Hello. My name is Monica and I am a silver gypsy, which sounds classier and more interesting than being a grey nomad.This is an ongoing blog which I usually restart when I hit the road again. It is partly a record of my journeys and partly reflections on issues which arise as I travel.

In 2015 my grandson Cory spent a couple of months travelling with me. The link to his blog is in a sidebar. In 2016 Hudson was my travelling companion. Cooper travelled at the end of 2016. They would love feedback on their blogs. Also in the sidebar is a link to my poetry blog.

Please feel free to read all or any of the blogs. I have discovered that some readers have not been able to Follow or Comment. I would still love to hear from you. You can email feedback to silvergypsy1944@gmail.com.

Tuesday 21 April 2015

Monday 20th April

We got away bright and early today. Unfortunately it was bright and early in the afternoon, like about 1.30pm.

Yesterday I skidded down the steps of the van, grabbed onto the newly installed insect screen and pulled it, out. I started today trying to get it fitted again. Unfortunately the rubber around the door had stretched and wouldn't hold the screen in. By the time the screen itself had been restitched and the rubber ordered (Mercedes Germany, of course!), it was after lunch. I decided that we can manage without the screen for a while. I was determined to be away today, 20th April.

Cory was great. He chattered away most of the trip and was very good company. When we got to Gatton and I mentioned coffee, he suggested McDonalds as a good place to stop. We had a stretch and a bit of a walk. I am wearing a fitbit pedometer and was conscious of racking up a few steps at each stop. (1600 over target. I may revise the target after a few days but for the moment, low is okay. You know how it is - aim low and over-achieve. Otherwise I would feel inadequate - and that does nothing for my ego.)

We took the scenic route, not deliberately, but it was worth it. Cory got quite carried away with his phone, lots of messages to his mother and lots of photos in rather overcast conditions.

No comments:

Post a Comment