Welcome to my travel blog

Hello. My name is Monica and I am a silver gypsy, which sounds classier and more interesting than being a grey nomad.This is an ongoing blog which I usually restart when I hit the road again. It is partly a record of my journeys and partly reflections on issues which arise as I travel.

In 2015 my grandson Cory spent a couple of months travelling with me. The link to his blog is in a sidebar. In 2016 Hudson was my travelling companion. Cooper travelled at the end of 2016. They would love feedback on their blogs. Also in the sidebar is a link to my poetry blog.

Please feel free to read all or any of the blogs. I have discovered that some readers have not been able to Follow or Comment. I would still love to hear from you. You can email feedback to silvergypsy1944@gmail.com.

Wednesday 23 September 2015

The Snail Trail



I was so keen to get moving but I haven’t achieved much. Because the fitting of the insect screens took far longer than I expected, I didn't pick up the van until after 2pm. I didn’t want to have another round of saying goodbye and setting out again so I went all the way to Ipswich (45 minutes) and stayed with cousin Carmel over night.

The next day I drove to Toowoomba (about an hour) and visited former colleagues – Nan Kucks for morning tea and lunch, then Margaret Kreis in the afternoon. Another hour on the road and I reached Goombungee and had two nights with Cecily and Murray, arriving just in time for dinner with their neighbours. Cec and I had a couple of short chats over the two days and I ended up leaving well into the afternoon.

As it happens my niece Rachael lives a couple of hours down the road at Stanthorpe. Her parents, my brother Terry and sister-in-law Karen happened to be visiting so we had another short chat. Rachael and Dallas live on the outskirts of town in a quiet street, so I parked there and stayed overnight.  

That was night four and I was still in Queensland. I made a quick trip the next day over the border into New South Wales.
The wattle is in bloom everywhere

Catching up with Nan

The Big Chook

The Big Golden Guitar


Fancy Toilets at Tamworth


The inside of the toilet doors have verses


No comments:

Post a Comment