Welcome to my travel blog

Hello. My name is Monica and I am a silver gypsy, which sounds classier and more interesting than being a grey nomad.This is an ongoing blog which I usually restart when I hit the road again. It is partly a record of my journeys and partly reflections on issues which arise as I travel.

In 2015 my grandson Cory spent a couple of months travelling with me. The link to his blog is in a sidebar. In 2016 Hudson was my travelling companion. Cooper travelled at the end of 2016. They would love feedback on their blogs. Also in the sidebar is a link to my poetry blog.

Please feel free to read all or any of the blogs. I have discovered that some readers have not been able to Follow or Comment. I would still love to hear from you. You can email feedback to silvergypsy1944@gmail.com.

Thursday 10 December 2015

Home Just to Change Direction

I have been home for five busy days. It's amazing that I've arrived in time for Christmas parties! That's good. I'm also due for surgery. That's not so good. That probably won't happen. And that's not good  - as it was the main reason I came home.

A visit to my GP confirmed that COPD has extended into full blown asthma and I have probably had a recurrence of whooping cough. More medication! Before my 8.30am (!) appointment tomorrow with the surgeon, I have spent today in waiting rooms - blood tests, a chest xray, and a routine breast screening. I assume that the surgery will be postponed once again but hopefully on fairly soon so that I can resume my travels.

Christmas will be rather quiet this year. Andrew and the boys won't be down. Greg and Nikki and the two littlies are going visiting and may be camping. Krista and Umar and the boys and I will probably just do the Santa things and enjoy our airconditioned home. I imagine that any orphans will be welcomed at Keith's place where we have gathered the last few years. We now do the full family get together on the October long weekend and a cousins' reunion on the Sunday before Easter. As most of us have grandchildren now, we are committed to our 'down line' at Christmas.

I got inspired at the rallies to start writing poetry again and have added a blog to this one - silvergypsy1944rhymes.blogspot.com.  You can also click on at the top of my home page. I am having a ball writing these. Last night I had a call from someone selling funeral insurance. I got creative on the phone, explaining that my daughter was a taxidermist (well, she could have been!) and that I was going to stuffed as a museum specimen and then stored at home to look after the kids. I couldn't resist a poem called Get Stuffed. It was fun writing it and I got lots of feedback on my blog. With Toastmasters clubs all on a Christmas break, I imagine I'll use that blog for my creativity.

No comments:

Post a Comment