Welcome to my travel blog

Hello. My name is Monica and I am a silver gypsy, which sounds classier and more interesting than being a grey nomad.This is an ongoing blog which I usually restart when I hit the road again. It is partly a record of my journeys and partly reflections on issues which arise as I travel.

In 2015 my grandson Cory spent a couple of months travelling with me. The link to his blog is in a sidebar. In 2016 Hudson was my travelling companion. Cooper travelled at the end of 2016. They would love feedback on their blogs. Also in the sidebar is a link to my poetry blog.

Please feel free to read all or any of the blogs. I have discovered that some readers have not been able to Follow or Comment. I would still love to hear from you. You can email feedback to silvergypsy1944@gmail.com.

Wednesday 28 December 2016

Christmas

It seems odd not to have Christmas at home. After extremes of temperature during the previous week, Christmas Eve dawned hot and clear. I decided to book into a caravan park with power and run the aircon until I was cool. I set myself up under the awning, did a load of washing and opened a piccolo champagne. By then the van was cool and I spent the next few hours under the air conditioner reading.
A few weeks ago I met Diana at a couple of Toastmasters meetings and she generously invited me to join her family for Christmas dinner. Her husband David had cooked a turkey and a ham. With roast veges and salad followed by trifle and later pavlova, I was as stuffed as the turkey by the end of the day - then I went home with a care package!

Although I had talked to all my grandkids and got their Christmas stories it was good to have Diana's kids around. Emily and Jamie were bubbling with Christmas excitement.





Summer has definitely arrived. I talked to a couple of travellers the other day and they said they were heading to a nice cool riverside. I headed for a nice cool shopping centre. Coffee shops and Maccas are cool and they have wi-fi. However I did go for a drive down the Mornington Peninsula mainly to see the sand sculpture exhibition at Franklin. The theme was Imagination. It featured fairy tales, nursery rhymes and folk tales. I am going to put them into a separate book eventually. It was lovely to hear the kids - There's the White Rabbit. Look at the Old Woman Who Lived in a Shoe. There's the BFG - and Peter Peter Pumpkin Eater.








1 comment:

  1. Hi Mon the sand sculptures are amazing. I know hat you mean about not having own kids about! C

    ReplyDelete