Welcome to my travel blog

Hello. My name is Monica and I am a silver gypsy, which sounds classier and more interesting than being a grey nomad.This is an ongoing blog which I usually restart when I hit the road again. It is partly a record of my journeys and partly reflections on issues which arise as I travel.

In 2015 my grandson Cory spent a couple of months travelling with me. The link to his blog is in a sidebar. In 2016 Hudson was my travelling companion. Cooper travelled at the end of 2016. They would love feedback on their blogs. Also in the sidebar is a link to my poetry blog.

Please feel free to read all or any of the blogs. I have discovered that some readers have not been able to Follow or Comment. I would still love to hear from you. You can email feedback to silvergypsy1944@gmail.com.

Wednesday 12 April 2017

Winding Down

Now that I am so close to home, I am keen to push on. I am in Narrabri and will stay the night at the showgrounds, with hot showers available. It's interesting how decisions boil down to fundamentals like hot showers and shade.
A lovely spot for an afternoon siesta
I imagine it is like this when a local emergency threatens - what is important enough to spend time on. It used to be that the first thing people grabbed was family photos and, no doubt there are some that are irreplaceable. For most of us now, our photos are easily accessible through social media and on friends' devices.

For us travellers, decisions are also very simple. Is this a safe place to stay overnight? Am I close enough to fellow campers to feel secure but far enough way to be private? Is there shade and shelter without the risk of falling tree branches? Will it be quiet enough to sleep? Is there easy egress in case of an emergency? Sometimes we might be looking for water, power, internet access or phone. But really, once we are on the road, our needs are few.

This time next week I expect to be home and I know it doesn't take long to get busy again.  It's a long time since I have seen the family so I hope to arrange a get together fairly soon.And there are friends I didn't say goodbye to in October. If I want to stay friends, I had better do something about that. I know I am already of the agenda for the next Toastmasters meeting at Peninsula and I definitely want to attend each of my other clubs. and keep my membership up to date. In six weeks I have to be in Mackay to look after Tim and Oscar so I have a busy six weeks ahead of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment