Welcome to my travel blog

Hello. My name is Monica and I am a silver gypsy, which sounds classier and more interesting than being a grey nomad.This is an ongoing blog which I usually restart when I hit the road again. It is partly a record of my journeys and partly reflections on issues which arise as I travel.

In 2015 my grandson Cory spent a couple of months travelling with me. The link to his blog is in a sidebar. In 2016 Hudson was my travelling companion. Cooper travelled at the end of 2016. They would love feedback on their blogs. Also in the sidebar is a link to my poetry blog.

Please feel free to read all or any of the blogs. I have discovered that some readers have not been able to Follow or Comment. I would still love to hear from you. You can email feedback to silvergypsy1944@gmail.com.

Thursday 17 May 2012

RIP Enid Therese Hardy O'Rourke

My dear mum died early this morning after a ten day struggle since having a stroke. She was 91 and left 13 children, 31 grandchildren and 30 great-grandchildren. She will be missed by those, and a wide circle of family and friends. She will join her husband John who died four years ago after a marriage lasting 67 years. To all those who have been following my blog, thank you for all your messages of support.

No comments:

Post a Comment