Welcome to my travel blog

Hello. My name is Monica and I am a silver gypsy, which sounds classier and more interesting than being a grey nomad.This is an ongoing blog which I usually restart when I hit the road again. It is partly a record of my journeys and partly reflections on issues which arise as I travel.

In 2015 my grandson Cory spent a couple of months travelling with me. The link to his blog is in a sidebar. In 2016 Hudson was my travelling companion. Cooper travelled at the end of 2016. They would love feedback on their blogs. Also in the sidebar is a link to my poetry blog.

Please feel free to read all or any of the blogs. I have discovered that some readers have not been able to Follow or Comment. I would still love to hear from you. You can email feedback to silvergypsy1944@gmail.com.

Thursday 14 May 2015

Goondi

We  are now four days on the road and starting to get into a rhythm. Cory, who usually wakes early, has started staying awake fairly late then sleeping in until after 8am, We have a light breakfast then head off in search of coffee,

We had an overnight at Goondiwindi. We stayed at the BP rest spot - free camping with the benefit of the service station toilets and showers. There were about thirty trucks at any one time, Every few minutes one left and another one arrived. Surprisingly it was not noisy as the trucks and vans were on opposite sides of the service station. Next door was a McDonald's with a McCafe for coffee and an afternoon snack.

In the morning we had a poke around the Gunsynd museum. We had been to the river the previous day and seen the statue of Gunsynd. We also drove over the historic bridge over the McIntyre River into New South Wales. A few weeks ago I got a Tourist Card for Queensland Rural Libraries so we borrowed some books and audio books which we will return to another library - possibly Cunnamulla.

Much Later (Longreach). We have made the most of the libraries. We've been made very welcome at Cunnamulla, Thargomindah, Quilpie, Charleville and now Longreach. We have listened mainly to kids' audiobooks which I have quite enjoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment