Welcome to my travel blog

Hello. My name is Monica and I am a silver gypsy, which sounds classier and more interesting than being a grey nomad.This is an ongoing blog which I usually restart when I hit the road again. It is partly a record of my journeys and partly reflections on issues which arise as I travel.

In 2015 my grandson Cory spent a couple of months travelling with me. The link to his blog is in a sidebar. In 2016 Hudson was my travelling companion. Cooper travelled at the end of 2016. They would love feedback on their blogs. Also in the sidebar is a link to my poetry blog.

Please feel free to read all or any of the blogs. I have discovered that some readers have not been able to Follow or Comment. I would still love to hear from you. You can email feedback to silvergypsy1944@gmail.com.

Saturday 18 February 2017

Just meandering around

I'm seeing a fair bit of the area in small bites. Sue and John are away crewing on a yacht that is part of a fleet of 45 which are circumnavigating Tasmania. They are only doing one leg of the trip and will be back next week. I have taken the opportunity to stay at their place a bit longer.

Today I emptied the back of the van and sorted stuff. I have a bag to take to Vinnies tomorrow, some things that I have packed a bit more neatly and the usual bag of odds and ends that I couldn't decide about today. Tomorrow I may be more decisive. I also have a box of those things that I have never used but will be needed the day after I throw them out. I  labelled the box and shoved it into a space for the next tidy up. In the meantime I am delaying going down to the van because of all the things I tossed up onto the bed to be stashed somewhere in the van.

I have made short forays out each day - to Richmond, Cygnet, Colebrook, Dodges Ferry, Brighton, different parts of Hobart, and several times in to Sorrell which is only about ten minutes away, Yesterday I met a Solo who lives in the area. We had lunch and will possibly get together again before the Solos Rally which starts next week.

The Matgate Train is a permanent market



Solitude at Carlton Beach

Fisher Folk at Lewisham Jetty


The Tessellated Pavement

Tasman Arch with tall cliffs and swirling water

Tasman Arch





Quite a few of the team are already onsite at Campbell Town. I don't go in till Sunday morning (26th) with most of the remaining volunteers, and the rally proper starts on Monday. I am working with Ron on the seminar team. I will introduce and thank presenters of the onsite workshops and seminars. I'm planning to run a few Cryptic Crossword sessions myself, if there are any takers. I also have a couple of debates and soap-box ideas up my sleeve if there are evenings which are a but slow. I don't have a list of all the activities but I know I want to attend Lis Brown's safety seminar for women. I have been before but it is a powerful presentation and well worth going to again. I also want to learn a bit about geo-caching and I need to get GeoWiki upgraded. If they weren't so early in the day, I would have liked to try tai chi and meditation - and maybe even walk. However, there are plenty of things happening in the evening which will keep me occupied.


No comments:

Post a Comment