Welcome to my travel blog

Hello. My name is Monica and I am a silver gypsy, which sounds classier and more interesting than being a grey nomad.This is an ongoing blog which I usually restart when I hit the road again. It is partly a record of my journeys and partly reflections on issues which arise as I travel.

In 2015 my grandson Cory spent a couple of months travelling with me. The link to his blog is in a sidebar. In 2016 Hudson was my travelling companion. Cooper travelled at the end of 2016. They would love feedback on their blogs. Also in the sidebar is a link to my poetry blog.

Please feel free to read all or any of the blogs. I have discovered that some readers have not been able to Follow or Comment. I would still love to hear from you. You can email feedback to silvergypsy1944@gmail.com.

Wednesday 4 November 2015

All dressed up

Since leaving Albany on Monday, I have travelled all the way to Cranbrook - less than a hundred kilometres. I knew some of the solos were coming here for a few days. I didn't expect to see about 15 of the Big Rigs and another twenty or so motorhomers as well as about 15 solos.For $5 a night, we have a lovely grassed area, showers and toilets and access to the Sports Club.

Yesterday we went to the Club for the Melbourne Cup luncheon. Somehow we all managed to brush up well enough to fit in to the large group at the club. The organisers were lovely and despite the fact that some of us had arrived too late to book, they set up an extra table and squeezed us in for the best $20 meal I have ever had - cold meat and prawns, amazingly original salads, pavlova and strawberries!

Melbourne Cup day is all about fashion - and we know how to be fashionable.  What elegance! It is quite amazing what we have stashed away in our small motorhomes and campervans.


Joan Collins
Nancy

Mel & Rosemary
Cathy, Cathy, Nancy, Margaret, Joan, Monica, Mel
Hilly in his best dress

Maggie & Kay

Alan Hill

Kev doing his Laurel & Hardy impersonation

No comments:

Post a Comment