Welcome to my travel blog

Hello. My name is Monica and I am a silver gypsy, which sounds classier and more interesting than being a grey nomad.This is an ongoing blog which I usually restart when I hit the road again. It is partly a record of my journeys and partly reflections on issues which arise as I travel.

In 2015 my grandson Cory spent a couple of months travelling with me. The link to his blog is in a sidebar. In 2016 Hudson was my travelling companion. Cooper travelled at the end of 2016. They would love feedback on their blogs. Also in the sidebar is a link to my poetry blog.

Please feel free to read all or any of the blogs. I have discovered that some readers have not been able to Follow or Comment. I would still love to hear from you. You can email feedback to silvergypsy1944@gmail.com.

Wednesday 18 November 2015

CMCA MSO AOK

I had my first Member Stop Over at the property of Doug and Anne at Stake Hill. MSO is a great concept. CMCA members who have space on their property make fellow members welcome. Anne and Doug are not travelling at the moment. They have a huge shaded yard capable of hosting at least six rigs. In fact they said they had six visitors at the same time only a few days before me.

I had planned just for an overnight there but it was so peaceful and quiet that I put out the awning, table and chair and didn't move for two days. Bliss! Curiosity almost kept me there for another night as there were two vans expected to arrive that next day. They had both been at the rally so I was keen to see if they were members I had met.

Having been at the two rallies, I am on the look out for familiar faces. I spent three days at Greenbushes in the free camping area. Rosemary arrived shortly after me and she was staying another day or so after I left. We had happy hour together, after (for me) some half-hearted sight seeing. The Discovery Centre is well worth a visit with far more variety than you would expect in such a small town. I went to a Toastmasters meeting of a club in formation - as much fun as ever!

In York, as I drove into the camping area, I saw his motorhome and knew that Ron was there (I think his motorhome is mis-named - he doesn't strike me as an old bull). We did a postmortem of the rallies. He is on his way back to Wagin with Glenyce to meet with members of the town council to provide and receive feedback on the rally. The York camping area is very generous, only a block away from the shops with a diner and cafes close. There is also power available for the first few who arrive. All this for no cost, although I hope everyone who free camped supported the town. Ron and I joined some others for dinner at the diner, I found a coffee shop the next day and did a substantial grocery shop at IGA. It is easy to spend $100, even without fuel which is a significant cost.

No comments:

Post a Comment