Welcome to my travel blog

Hello. My name is Monica and I am a silver gypsy, which sounds classier and more interesting than being a grey nomad.This is an ongoing blog which I usually restart when I hit the road again. It is partly a record of my journeys and partly reflections on issues which arise as I travel.

In 2015 my grandson Cory spent a couple of months travelling with me. The link to his blog is in a sidebar. In 2016 Hudson was my travelling companion. Cooper travelled at the end of 2016. They would love feedback on their blogs. Also in the sidebar is a link to my poetry blog.

Please feel free to read all or any of the blogs. I have discovered that some readers have not been able to Follow or Comment. I would still love to hear from you. You can email feedback to silvergypsy1944@gmail.com.

Wednesday 28 March 2012

Ta-ta Tassie

Never again will I economise on travel if it means I have to sit all night! Why didn't I remember that the reason I don't fly any more is the agony of sitting for hours. I took an ocean recliner rather than a cabin, thinking that I could roam around whenever I got tired of sitting. It didn't occur to me that the cafe, restaurant and bars on board all closed during the night. It was a very long night without a wink of sleep. I did gather all the spare blankets and pillows and try to make a flatish surface from my chair. That didn't help at all. I couldn't move around much without disturbing those who were trying to sleep. Yes, I know, I am a whinger! I am not meant to travel economy - I need to be a first-class traveller.

My last day in Tasmania passed quickly. I got away from Wynyard fairly early after Helen left for work and meandered along the coast. I met Red Hatter Merlene for lunch in Burnie and then explored Devonport. When I arrived a few weeks ago, I had just hit the road so I enjoyed roaming around the town for a while. No more to be said about the trip.

When I arrived on the mainland I set the GPS and headed straight to Geelong before I made an decisions about where to go. I recognised the sculptures and carousel along the waterfront though I don't remember when I visited Geelong previously.

No comments:

Post a Comment