Welcome to my travel blog

Hello. My name is Monica and I am a silver gypsy, which sounds classier and more interesting than being a grey nomad.This is an ongoing blog which I usually restart when I hit the road again. It is partly a record of my journeys and partly reflections on issues which arise as I travel.

In 2015 my grandson Cory spent a couple of months travelling with me. The link to his blog is in a sidebar. In 2016 Hudson was my travelling companion. Cooper travelled at the end of 2016. They would love feedback on their blogs. Also in the sidebar is a link to my poetry blog.

Please feel free to read all or any of the blogs. I have discovered that some readers have not been able to Follow or Comment. I would still love to hear from you. You can email feedback to silvergypsy1944@gmail.com.

Wednesday 14 March 2012

Time Flies

As they say, time flies when you're having fun. Once again I have been out of range for a while, still no phone coverage as that is with Virgin. This iPad is with telstra and not always reliable. I had three days with Zudi in Hobart. It was good to stretch out in a real bed for a few days and to leave the van open to air. I went to a Red Hatters lunch and met the twenty ladies there. There is wonderful fellowship with people I've never met before. I hope to stay with Zudi on the way back.

Before I left Hobart, I met with Judith and David whom Jan and I had met on a cruise a couple of years ago. They may not be the King and Queen of Hobart but they are certainly the Duke and Duchess. Both have generations of family involvement in Tasmania. We had coffee at the Henry Jones Hotel which I think is  part of the old IXL buildings. David's grandfather was the original Jones there, I think.  We had a quick walk through the Salamanca markets and will spend more time there next weekend if I am around.



From Hobart I went to the Wall in the Wilderness - a continuing work of art detailing the history of the area. The artist has already spent six years working on his timber sculpture. It is hard to capture the proportions and the scope of the wall as photos are not allowed and the only postcards show small areas of detail. The work is incredible. Muscle definition is beautifully portrayed. Even veins in the hands, neck etc stand out. The photos here are taken of the postcards I bought.

No comments:

Post a Comment