Welcome to my travel blog

Hello. My name is Monica and I am a silver gypsy, which sounds classier and more interesting than being a grey nomad.This is an ongoing blog which I usually restart when I hit the road again. It is partly a record of my journeys and partly reflections on issues which arise as I travel.

In 2015 my grandson Cory spent a couple of months travelling with me. The link to his blog is in a sidebar. In 2016 Hudson was my travelling companion. Cooper travelled at the end of 2016. They would love feedback on their blogs. Also in the sidebar is a link to my poetry blog.

Please feel free to read all or any of the blogs. I have discovered that some readers have not been able to Follow or Comment. I would still love to hear from you. You can email feedback to silvergypsy1944@gmail.com.

Saturday 21 April 2012

1500 Hits

Thank you to all my faithful followers who have chalked up 1500 hits to my blog. I think I have finally got everything up to date but will check again right from the beginning. I expect to be sitting around for a few days so, as long as I have internet coverage, I'll check all my blogs. I have just got to the coast again in time for wet weather to start. Since leaving Adelaide, I have overnighted at Dublin beach and Port Augusta (both free camps) and am now moving down the Eyre Peninsula in the rain.


I know when to come in out of the rain. It is bucketing down, almost like a north Queensland downpour. Tonight I am staying at a motel in Tumby Bay. I have showered (and after two days, I really needed that), washed my hair, rinsed out some clothes and turned the heater on in the bathroom to dry them. I have the TV on in the sitting room. The owner put it on for me, so I've just turned off the sound and will turn it up for the news and weather - saves remembering what to do! I've sent off some emails, had a coffee and read a bit of my book. Having updated this blog and checked the new photo of Oscar on Facebook, I will put my feet up and doze. Life is tough!!

No comments:

Post a Comment