Welcome to my travel blog

Hello. My name is Monica and I am a silver gypsy, which sounds classier and more interesting than being a grey nomad.This is an ongoing blog which I usually restart when I hit the road again. It is partly a record of my journeys and partly reflections on issues which arise as I travel.

In 2015 my grandson Cory spent a couple of months travelling with me. The link to his blog is in a sidebar. In 2016 Hudson was my travelling companion. Cooper travelled at the end of 2016. They would love feedback on their blogs. Also in the sidebar is a link to my poetry blog.

Please feel free to read all or any of the blogs. I have discovered that some readers have not been able to Follow or Comment. I would still love to hear from you. You can email feedback to silvergypsy1944@gmail.com.

Sunday 1 April 2012

In the Footsteps of Mary MacKillop

Bayview College Portland which Mary rented
 as a school and boarding school
and where she trained as a teacher
Mary was sacristan at
All Saints Church
in Portland
Stained glass window of
All Saints Church Portland


Christ Church, Hamilton
Christ Church, Hamilton
St Mary icon Christ Church
Anglican church, Hamilton
Tribute to Mary and Alexander MacKillop

Window in St Mary's church, Hamilton
commenorates her time there as part
of that Catholic community

The modern extension of St Mary's

Star of the Sea, Robe
The view from the jetty may be
largely unchanged since
Mary MacKillop's time

Port MacDonnell Jetty

An Exuberant Mary, Penola

Sculpture in the MM
Interpretive Centre, Penola

Father Woods Tree outside Penola
Tree Sculpture Fr Woods Park
Some of the sculptures
telling the Father Woods story


This life size sculpture of a young Mary and her pupils
is outside the Adelaide cathedral. I understand it is to
be done as a smaller model. It is one of the nicest I have seen,
 brimming with energy and joy.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment