Welcome to my travel blog

Hello. My name is Monica and I am a silver gypsy, which sounds classier and more interesting than being a grey nomad.This is an ongoing blog which I usually restart when I hit the road again. It is partly a record of my journeys and partly reflections on issues which arise as I travel.

In 2015 my grandson Cory spent a couple of months travelling with me. The link to his blog is in a sidebar. In 2016 Hudson was my travelling companion. Cooper travelled at the end of 2016. They would love feedback on their blogs. Also in the sidebar is a link to my poetry blog.

Please feel free to read all or any of the blogs. I have discovered that some readers have not been able to Follow or Comment. I would still love to hear from you. You can email feedback to silvergypsy1944@gmail.com.

Thursday 19 April 2012

OMG!

What the best dressed women wear to the amenities block in the middle of the night! I decided to put my iPad on the charger for a while sometime about midnight. When I saw this vision in the mirror, I was pleased I had my ipad to record the moment.

I was wearing my pale blue night t-shirt. (My van is very warm and that is all I need.) Over it I tied an African print sarong in beautiful shades of blue, red and black, for modesty. In Winter I always wear beds socks, in this case a delightful blend of pink, purple and white stripes. The finishing touch was the hot pink footwear. I chose those crocs deliberately when I bought them so that I would never, ever be tempted to wear them anywhere other than to the toilet in a caravan park. Even then, seeing this elegantly arrayed woman, I have questions about whether they are too avant garde even for a caravan park.

This post is designed to keep me humble - and ensure I never consider taking those crocs anywhere other than camping trips.

2 comments:

  1. Oh come on. Photo up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mon,
    Perhaps you have been on the road too long! I guess as long as you recognise that this is not really your usual look, there may be hope.

    Must be getting cool now for you as it is at night here.
    How long have you been travelling now?
    You will owe me lots of coffees when you return!
    Love Carmel

    ReplyDelete