Welcome to my travel blog

Hello. My name is Monica and I am a silver gypsy, which sounds classier and more interesting than being a grey nomad.This is an ongoing blog which I usually restart when I hit the road again. It is partly a record of my journeys and partly reflections on issues which arise as I travel.

In 2015 my grandson Cory spent a couple of months travelling with me. The link to his blog is in a sidebar. In 2016 Hudson was my travelling companion. Cooper travelled at the end of 2016. They would love feedback on their blogs. Also in the sidebar is a link to my poetry blog.

Please feel free to read all or any of the blogs. I have discovered that some readers have not been able to Follow or Comment. I would still love to hear from you. You can email feedback to silvergypsy1944@gmail.com.

Tuesday 3 April 2012

People of the Journey - Victoria


Clement at Aire River Camp
My trip across Victoria was fairly quick and I didn’t make much contact with people. Aire River campground reminded me of how we are creatures of habit.  When I arrived Robin had set himself up on a high flat corner of the grounds.  Tanya and Phil were tucked away in one corner with the tent out of sight behind the truck – which they proceeded to do at the next camping area. As usual, I circled the place a couple of times looking for a shady, grassy, flat spot. You can’t adjust a car the way you can level a caravan or motorhome. If I’m not flat, I fall out of bed. There is about half a square metre of floor space between the bed and the door, that is a very awkward predicament to be in. Far better to find the right spot in the first place. Clement eventually cycled in and we talked for quite a while in the evening and again next morning.


There was a very popular spot at Dartmoor, When I arrived Marty and Liz were on the best high level ground. When they left, Max and Nadine moved from the gully to their spot. They were followed by Lynda. Lynda is on the road almost permanently - eighteen months already this trip. She has quite a large motorhome with a motor bike on the back. Not only in Australia, she has camped in Asia and South America and seems to have seen large amounts of the world, including long term teaching in Laos where she is headed again at the end of the year. (Lynda is Nomadic1 on the Grey Nomads Forum)
Marty and Liz and Bonnie
Dartmoor
Max and Nadine from Germany
with their first ever campfire


Liz suggested that I should go to a sex shop and get a blow-up doll for my passenger seat to give the impression of not travelling alone. I'm not sure about the message that would give.

1 comment:

  1. People of the journey - the photos are still there.
    It has just copied the text from the post above it.

    ReplyDelete