Welcome to my travel blog

Hello. My name is Monica and I am a silver gypsy, which sounds classier and more interesting than being a grey nomad.This is an ongoing blog which I usually restart when I hit the road again. It is partly a record of my journeys and partly reflections on issues which arise as I travel.

In 2015 my grandson Cory spent a couple of months travelling with me. The link to his blog is in a sidebar. In 2016 Hudson was my travelling companion. Cooper travelled at the end of 2016. They would love feedback on their blogs. Also in the sidebar is a link to my poetry blog.

Please feel free to read all or any of the blogs. I have discovered that some readers have not been able to Follow or Comment. I would still love to hear from you. You can email feedback to silvergypsy1944@gmail.com.

Wednesday 1 February 2012

On the Road at Last

In a few minutes I'll be out of Queensland - not something I am usually keen to do. But I am heading for a place called Ocean Shores in northern New South Wales. Yesterday I didn't get far. I hadn't planned to. I wanted to spend the night with my best friend, my cousin Carmel in Ipswich. And that meant probably my last really comfortable bed for a while.
Some people take pets. This little fellow hitched a ride to Ipswich.
This has been the first test of my packing. So far nothing has come adrift or started flying around the van so that part is good. Over the next few days I know I'll find things that should be better located. In fact, I know already that the little space where I usually put my handbag isn't easily accessible but I haven't worked out what to do about it yet. I really want to have everything close but of course that is impossible. With the multi-charger, at least I have the phone, the iPad and the GPS all within reach - and charged.

I had forgotten about Daylight Saving in the southern states though I'm not sure whether I have just lost or gained an hour - not that it matters when I don't have any time constraints. Maybe in a couple of days I'll be ready to jettison my watch and just go by the Lord's time.  In the meantime, I'll hit the road again and decide where to stop tonight.

1 comment:

  1. So happy to hear you have finally hit the road! Nothing more will go wrong with the van. That is optimism speaking loudly. :)

    ReplyDelete